Tuesday 5 June 2012

Bengt Fashion




Fashion has always been an area of interest for me, and over the summer I gained an invaluable month's experience at the very stylish, Hackney based online womenswear company; BENGTFASHION.com. Highlights included assisting the shooting and launch of their AW11 collection, BENGT's 'smoke and mirrors' collaborative music video and document backstage footage, overseeing social media and contributing to mail listing, and interviews with jewellery designers Imogen Belfield and Kyle Hopkins. We managed to catch a sneak preview of their SS12 collection - both of which look really exciting! Undergraduate Kyle has already been tipped off as one to look out for; his gold people ring comes top of my must-have list.




I was also very fortunate to meet and interview clothes designer Louise Amstrup about her forthcoming spring/summer collection, in addition to my role as assistant buyer and talent scout at London Fashion Week SS/12. Overall, it's been a great opportunity, I've learned a great deal and they are the loveliest people to work with, so I hope to return for a while longer very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment